A new Android v4.4.2 KitKat Dynamic Kat Custom ROM has been made available for Samsung Galaxy Note 3 N900A (AT & T) model.
Dynamic Kat custom ROM is based on the v4.4.2 KitKat OS. It brings in more customization options and app short-cuts (for easy access) such as:
- Stock theme
- Init.d support, script for performance
- Touchwiz launched 5x5 with faster animations/transitions (My magazine removed)
- All toggles enabled (including data & hotspot)
- Build prop tweaks
- 4-way reboot
- Knox removed
- Custom wallpapers (developed by Carlitos29)
- AT&T signal icons (by Techsilver)
- CSC tweaks
- Galaxy S5 grid view settings
- Viper4Android features
- Many more performance enhancing tweaks
Prerequisites (things to remember before installing Custom ROM in to the device):
- Though installing custom ROM improve the device's performance and UI experiences, it makes the company warranty void and they will no longer be liable to provide updates in future [users can restore warranty by flashing the device with stock-ROM].
- This custom ROM (Dynamic Kat) has to be installed only on Samsung Galaxy Note 3 SM-N900A (AT & T) model only. [To check your model: Go to Settings >> About phone >> model number ]
- One of the main prerequisite before installing custom ROM is that the phone must be rooted and must have installed ClockworkMod Recovery / TWRP tool.
- Make sure you have installed USB drivers in the PC, or else your smartphone (Samsung Galaxy Note 3 N900A) will not be recognized by the computer.
- Make sure your smartphone has more than 80-percent battery.
- Rooting of devices leads to a complete data wipeout, so make sure of backing up all data by installing Clockwork Mod (CWM) Recovery/ TWRP in the smartphone.
Disclaimer: This procedure is very technical and should be performed by a person with sound knowledge of rooting (or manual software installation) Android devices. If the step-by-step installation process is not followed properly, there are chances of the smartphone getting bricked or being permanently irreparable. International Business Times, India Edition cannot be held responsible for any damage or claims from readers if the procedure does not yield the required results or if the smartphone is bricked. Hence, users are advised to proceed with caution.]
Step-by-step installation procedure of Android v4.4.2 KitKat Dynamic Kat Custom ROM for Samsung Galaxy Note 3 SM-N900A (AT & T) model:
Step 1: Download Android v4.4.2 KitKat Dynamic Kat Custom ROM (here).
Step 2: Connect Samsung Galaxy Note 3 N900A to PC via USB cord.
[Note: Before plugging the phone to the computer, be sure you have installed USB driver software, if not, click here to download firmware]
Step 3: Then, place Android v4.4.2 Dynamic Kat .zip file into the phone's SD card memory. [Note: Users are advised to paste the .zip file in SD card root, not in any other folder.]
[Note: Before users begin installing the custom software, make sure the device is already rooted and must have installed ClockworkMod Recovery.]
Step 4: Now turn-off the device and disconnect from the PC.
Step 5: Then perform the regular 'Recovery Mode' sortie by press holding 'volume (up)', 'home' and 'power' buttons.
Step 6: After entering ClockworkMod Recovery mode, perform full data wipe, by choosing 'wipe data/factory reset' [Note: use Volume keys to navigate and power button to select options, while operating under Recovery Mode]
Step 7: Now, clear the cache memory by selecting 'wipe cache partition'
Step 8: Then to go back to ClockworkMod recovery, and select 'advanced' and tap 'wipe dalvik cache' [Note: This step is optional, but many recommend this procedure so that user will not face boot loops or any other errors in the middle of custom ROM installation]
Step 9: Again come back to main recovery screen and then tap 'install zip from SD card'
Step 10: Then tap 'choose zip from sdcard' and go to Android 4.4.2 ROM .zip file in SD card and enter the installation process. [Note: use Volume keys to navigate and power button to select options]
Step 11: Once done with the installation process, navigate to '+++++Go Back+++++' and re-start the device by opting 'reboot system now' seen in the recovery menu.
Now, your device (Samsung Galaxy Note 3 N900A) will take a minimum of five minutes to complete booting process.
Users then head to Settings >> select About phone to confirm the installation of Android v4.4.2 KitKat Dynamic Kat Custom ROM.
[Credits: Team Android]