(Photo : (Photo by Justin Sullivan/Getty Images))
Users can hardly get their hands off a Google Nexus 5 smartphone if they are Android fanatics. The device gets the Android OS updates really fast and it is worth it. With the recent reveal of Android 7.1 Nougat update for Nexus devices, people are looking forward to try the custom ROM on their Nexus 5 as soon as it is out. But, it looks like they will not have to wait anymore to try out the features beforehand.
Developers have come up with the Euclidean ROM which offers Android 7.1 Nougat features as seen in Google Pixel flagship devices. We know that many might be interested in this custom ROM update, so we would like to share the steps needed to update this on the Nexus 5.
Android 7.1 Nougat Update Steps For Nexus 5:
- Firstly, a user has to download the USB drivers needed for the using the ROM on your Nexus 5.
- Next, go to the Menu > Settings > Applications
- Activate the debugging mode for USB present there.
- Do note that the device needs to be rooted to perform this, which isn't even worth mentioning.
- Also, it is prudent to install CWM or TWRP recovery application for backup.
Euclidean ROM installation guide:
- After the data has been backed up, connect the Nexus 5 device to a computer with the help of a USB cable.
- Now, copy all the downloaded ROM files to the SD card folder.
- Disconnect the Nexus 5 device from the PC and turn it off.
- Now to enter the recovery mode, press and hold the Home, Power and Volume Up buttons simultaneously.
- Reset the device from the CWM/TWRP menu. For this, go to the Wipe section and press Factory Reset.
- After that, return back to the recovery menu and press the install button.
- This will prompt to select a ROM for installation, so choose the Euclidean ROM for it from the SD card folder where the ROM files were copied.
- Confirm installation and let the installation do its magic.
- After the Android 7.1 Nougat update is installed, restart the Nexus 5 and enjoy!
Android 7.1 Nougat has been officially launched for Google Pixel devices and runs smoothly on them. But, we cannot claim same seamless response from the Nexus 5 device after it is booted with the custom ROM. So, make sure the risks are understood beforehand.
Here is a tutorial video: